grant is amazing. he is a high maintenance kinda kid i will admit...but so worth it. his Independence testing is in overdrive...seems like overnight...and boundaries are especially important...before he becomes the chief. here is a list of grant attributes:
- walking - more than crawling
- can stand up anywhere without help, squat to pick up toy, up again and walking with toy
- peek a boo with his hands over his own eyes (instead of behind something etc)
- refuses to eat pureed foods (dont blame him...we were spoiled for too long...its sooo convenient!) and actually refuses to eat all kinds of foods now. i think he is just enjoying the control of pursed lips....and sadi is very happy to have his over boards
- bites!!!!!! i cant believe this is my kid. he bites out of frustration and to say i love you...hasnt bit anyone but me thank goodness...and im working hard at nipping this in the bud...but its HARD. ugh
- has 4 teeth....2 up and 2 down
- has been teething constantly it seems since he was 2 months old
- is back on singulair bc the control study went sour as his allergies were kicking in and we didnt want to be back on nebulizer treatments anytime soon
- potties on the toilet a minimum of once per day
- loves swimming, playing ball, cleaning the house with the swiffer or broom & electrical outlets! ugh
- is obsessed with the lawn mower - and neal (day care grandma) said he spent about 20 minutes watching pa pa mowing the lawn through the window today!
- loves etch a sketch
- puts his play phone on his shoulder and has conversations
- dances sooooo soooo cute! he really has a shimmy...its a drop knee swivel hehe
- recognizes his home...and shows his excitement upon pulling in the driveway. today he even exclaimed "DAD" - anticipating their reunion
- hates being bathed - loves bath time play
- doesnt appreciate being diapered and voices his objection
thats whats on my mind right now. overall he is a very curious, intelligent, charming, social & silly almost 1 year old. he challenges me in ways i never knew existed and i am a better person for knowing him.
had a wonderful visit with my mother this past weekend...we stayed at home for the most part which made for relaxation. also threw in a t-bones baseball game which grant loved, just a bit of shopping and sushi...which my mom detested.