Monday, April 14, 2008

R.I.P. Happy

Happy departed from this world at 1:40PM Monday, April 15, 2008. It was a very gentle passing and there was no pain.

During our last walk I decided to do one at a time...Happy being the first because she is the eldest and she does not recognize Grant as the Alpha and therefore poses a much greater threat. She also has sever arthritis and even refused to attend the "last walk". Whereas she would not be able to handle life with Sadi....I think Sadi might be OK without Happy. Sadi has always been the "rock head" whereas Happy was eerily human like.

The entire situation is entirely bizarre and morbid. I am still in shock. Yes, I murdered my dog of 14. 5 years. She had been with me since she was a wee 5 weeks old. The runt of the litter, feisty and totally neurotic from day one! I am grieving. She was a good dog and I thanked her till the last second....hell...I am still thanking her. She was by my side my entire adult life. She witnessed it all. My growth, my regression, my mistakes, my successes. And she followed me everywhere.

There is comfort in still having Said here with me. I cant imagine having done both at once...with the way I am feeling.....that would have been a mistake.

Rest in peace sweet Happyloo. Your sprit will be missed. Happy after world to you sweet pup.

4 comments:

Alison said...

((hugs))

Anonymous said...

Aaahh -- don't beat yourself up for helping your dog achieve peace. You did the kindest thing.

Alexandra said...

My heart goes out to you. I hope you'll be fine soon and realize you didn't make your Dog suffer!

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

(hugs) sorry I haven't by in a while I hope you are doing okay -
I agree it was the kindest thing