Tuesday, February 5, 2008

1st Blogoversary!

One year ago today..I took the bloggy plunge. Sure before that I had kept an online journal of my pregnancy...but never before had I blogged about anything else. Olive Juice...formerly known as Bearkemper Escapades....started out as a way to document my son's life for friends and family who live far away. However, soon I realized that very very few of them actually visit...so the evolution began.

Why do I blog? Why do you blog? My reasons have changed over the past year. As I said...at first it was a Grant shrine. Even though we have no family in town..I wanted them to be able to fall in love with Grant via stories and photos. After that failed miserably (well they do love him..but most are either not internet savvy or do not have the time or interest I guess..hard to say), I moved into a more self satisfying mode.

My posts varied from introspectionto the parenting and social issues I hold most dear such as breastfeedingand anti circumcision . My funniest post entitled Ode to Crotchfruit is a must read for anyone who is less than anal. Check out my labels for the plethora of interesting topics that fly from these fingertips.

I blog because it is FUN. There was a time I thought I wanted to move in the direction of blogging for income...but soon after I realized I did not have the time nor the energy. I blog because I like to write...I always have. If there were blogs when I was in high school...holy cats I would have been addicted. I blog because I love having a podium, I love to share my thoughts, I love having a hobby, I love to show off my son :), I love to meet other mamas and interesting folks, I love to learn new things and I love journaling our lives with this medium. It will be so much fun to look back in years to come...at the person I am today.

So happy blogoversary Olive Juice! I want to thank my cast, Dear Husband Dave, Dear Son Grant, Nana and Papa and all those I am failing to mention here. I want to thank my readers. I sincerely appreciate your friendship and support. Now get to commenting! You are driving me crazy here :).

Much love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your blogoversary Olive Juice! Here's to many more years to come!!

Stacy Light Mygatt said...

Yah! One year for P to blog!
I actually got motivated today. I set up a blog too!!

svlm2005.wordpress.com

Come visit me!! Maybe I'll be as interesting as your blogs, but I doubt it...

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

happy blogoversary Olive Juice! I love your posts I have subscribed now.
I am thinking about the E card ...