Friday, May 16, 2008

"The extraterrestrial is my brother"

OK...so yes I find the Catholicism to be bizarre...ever since the pope allowed corned beef and cabbage on a Friday during lent....because it just happened to be St Patrick's Day! What a hoot. But this headline just floored me: "Vatican: It's OK to believe in aliens".

Sure I believe in aliens...I mean...the universe is just TOOOO enormous to rule it out. But the Vatican? I'm glad they are coming to their sciences...but I guess I am just surprised. Its a bit unarming to find them being rational. The details from the interview of Rev. Jose Gabriel Funes, the Jesuit director of the Vatican Observatory, are even more titillating.

"...the Big Bang theory is the most "reasonable" explanation for the creation of the universe..."

"...Ruling out the existence of aliens would be like "putting limits" on God's creative freedom..."

"Just as we consider earthly creatures as 'a brother,' and 'sister,' why should we not talk about an 'extraterrestrial brother'?"

So there you have it...you CAN be Catholic and believe in UFOs and Aliens. I bet you can sleep better at night knowing it.

No comments: